Wednesday, April 15, 2015

In class assesment

Are there any symbols?
Well, I don’t really get any symbols. The only thing I suppose you could call a symbol is the Re: and how this hologram reads like a contract. This is a break up, but not really. In the end, you discover that his ‘girlfriend’ is another superhero (?) and he is the nemesis. Even though he is making this a break up and explaining everything like a break up, it’s really not. He seems really happy through his other explanations, so obviously his feelings are real (he’s really ending the feelings he has). But in the last sentence, he has 2 offers; one to fight and one to team up, so it is kind of a contract.

Connections made?
I didn’t pick up on any literary connections so I will opt for my connection to the story, which was none. It was an ok read; witty and charming but I did not get into it. The only character connection was the fact that we were told that they were archenemies and the whole ‘secret lair’ thing, but hey, people have secrets. One of my teachers has almost a double life. Their significant other doesn’t like their attraction to the scandalous anime statues. They keep these things in their office and their significant other has no clue. So I mean yea, the connection is a real relationship and how people sometimes keep secrets.

What changes to fit another medium?

I would adapt this to film. First thing to go is the opening. It was so bad and confusing and did not work for me. I would show/describe how someone got to where they are first and then introduce the holographic person. Then I would explain what was happening. I would keep a lot of the same writing style like have the hologram say ‘Re:’ but then instead of describing the situation. I would do a flashback. So narration/voice over of the first line of the ‘Re: BLAH BLAH BLAH” then play the flashback, fade back in and continue like that until the end. Then write the rest of the story (the precursor to this) and start the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment