Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Games

 So I am not a gamer. I do not follow the big or indie games and when I think of games, I think of Grand Theft Auto and Call of Duty. My game play experience goes like this: Spyro the Dragon, Duck Hunt, Mario, arcade games, pc tv games and free games. I tried shooter games, but they either scared me or was too difficult to handle. I tried puzzles, but they often proved too difficult for me to figure out.  I tried the ‘World of War’ games, and I either didn’t have the money to buy the cool stuff or would get lost and not even recognize that I was in a game, let alone a big chat screen. I have never been a big gamer, so unsurprisingly, a lot of these games turned me off. This is just my personal taste and therefore holds no merit, because I am not a gamer at all.  That being said, I looked at Spunky World and was turned off. I am not attracted to the style or that gameplay. I can know that this is ‘that’ gameplay by the style and the screenshots. The story could be unexpected, but the gameplay is very Mario reminiscent, where you have to climb the latter and jump thr barrels to get to the door. I do not enjoy these games and I do not like the shooter games again, because I am bad at them and they scare me. I played cube slam and it was ok, but I got bored really fast. I find that to be another huge turn off, if the game is the same thing over and over with no changes, I do not enjoy those games either. The two games that I did enjoy was Depression Quest and I saw Her Standing There. I saw Her Standing There was simple enough but challenging enough that it made me interested, but the whole repetition and lack of instruction became more of a hassle than I would like.
            As I brought up in class, Sims is my absolute love. I love how you cam be someone or something different that what you are doing, but still close enough to resemble real life where you do not have to reap the repercussions of your bad life choices. Sandbox and choose your own adventure games are my absolute favorite. I love having the control (or at least letting the gaming company let me think that I am making choices) to choose my fate. It is because of this that I was really attracted to Depression Quest. Half of my appeal is the control aspect, but the other half is the favt that I love reading. I choose to read over the Sims if I have an amazing book. Growing up I read instead of playing video games, so that might me why I choose to read over the Sims (depending on my book). My ideal merger is are the quizzes where you read a page or so and choose the next option; like Depression Quest.   

No comments:

Post a Comment