Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Disney LOVE

My favorite Disney movie is Peter Pan. I’ve loved it since I was a child. I’m really not sure what it is about him, but I’ve always been attracted to him as a character. Growing up I’m sure it was just how much fun he seemed to have. I still love how carefree Peter is as a character. Even now, I love the characters and the story, except for Wendy. She was always the representation of responsibility, something that I would much rather avoid. While Disney definitely altered the story, the core of forever childhood is what appeals most to me.


Peter Pan is an idea that has exploded through various other movies and shows. In 2003, a new Peter Pan movie was released with Jeremy Sumpter. This was the first live-movie adaptation of Peter Pan.



Peter Pan was originally a story created by Scottish novelist and playwright J. M. Barrie. The story was also adapted to a Broadway musical. The musical was also adapted to the ‘live’ television performance.




This character has been adapted as different ideas. For example, in the television show, Once Upon A Time, Peter Pan was a leading villain.


There have also been multiple book adaptations by modern authors to modernize as well as romanticize the boy.



There are also books following the trend of today with the ‘villains point of view’. In a book that I am currently reading, it is told from the viewpoint of Captain Hook and he is telling us about how evil Pan is.

No comments:

Post a Comment